Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (bestseller! OMG). Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Oct. 08, 2019 1 min read

I was pushed out of my job in 2005 because of the cumulative impact of my complicated pregnancy. I found another job. No one fired me, but the environment became very challenging. This happens all the damn time now. So OF COURSE it happened in the 1970s. The end.

How many people don’t take all their maternity leave because of pressure? How many come back and get snide comments about how expensive or difficult the leave was for “the team?” How many hear that in meetings or every time they bring up an issue at work? Right.

And of course not everyone has benefits to take.
Women were routinely fired or pressured to leave, by their work or society, while pregnant. And in many ways they still are. Just stop with this bullshit.

STOP TURNING THE LIVED EXPERIENCE OF WOMEN AGAINST THEM

I’m pretty sure in the 70s no one even said pregnancy in public, probably “in the family way.”

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.