Seth Abramson @SethAbramson @Newsweek columnist. Analyses @BBC. NYT bestselling author of Proof of Conspiracy (bit.ly/2kP6FkZ). Next: Citizen Journalist (Macmillan). Professor. Attorney. Oct. 10, 2019 1 min read

With so many qualified candidates, and with Bernie's voice being so essential in the Senate and America generally—a voice we *can't* afford to lose—I no longer think Bernie should be running. It's not about having an issue with him/his ideas—it's about wanting to *preserve* both.

PS/ I say this as someone who cares about Bernie, believes in his message, has supported him in the past, and truly—and I know Twitter's a very insincere place sometimes, but I say again *truly*—thinks his voice is one that America cannot see go silent because of needless stress.

PS2/ If there were no candidate in the race who could carry the banner of much of what Bernie believes in—e.g., if this were 2016—I'd understand the argument of DSA (and others) that Bernie's presence in the race is irreplaceable. That's just not an argument you can make in 2020.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.