2. Seeing a disturbing amount of people tying Shep Smith's departure with AG Barr's meeting Rupert Murdoch.
Anyone who says that is showing they don't know how Rupert operates
A number of people would still be at Fox if he was swayed by this sort of lobbying.
3. I'm seeing tweets saying that Shep Smith was escorted out by Fox News security.
That is absolutely not true per a source familiar with the matter.
4. This is simply not true @jolingkent, he was not escorted out. You also don’t allow someone to sign off on live television and then deem them worthy of being escorted out because they are untrustworthy.
5. From a Fox News spokesperson:
“Shep’s exit from the building was planned and executed by Shep with Fox’s complete approval and the full support of FOX News – he was not remotely escorted out.”
6. Like I said...but @grynbaum with an on record statement.
7. How absolutely perfect that a misspelling of Rupert Murdoch’s name is trending as many people (including people with big accounts) erroneously speculate that Bill Barr asked Rupert Murdoch to push out Shep Smith
You people have lost your minds
9. Three sources familiar with Shep Smith's Fox News deal tell me he's leaving behind a contract valued at $15 million per year.
10. Much of @brianstelter’s reporting matches with mine and he was also able to confirm the $15 million dollar figure in my tweet above. https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/media/fox-news-shepard-smith/index.html …
You can follow @yashar.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.