Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (bestseller! OMG). Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Oct. 12, 2019 1 min read

Anyone who recommends anything to tighten your vagina is the patriarchy and cares not for your vaginal health. Ignore all vaginal tightening products. Thank you for coming to my JenTalk™️

So called “vaginal tightening” has been practiced by many cultures and is sadly still around. Many products dry the mucosa, leading to micro trauma with penile insertion. They also damage the vaginal bacteria. These changes ⬆️ risk of catching STIs if exposed. 2

“Vaginal tightening” products also ⬇️ lubrication. These changes all cause pain with penetration. So when you see “vaginal tightening” translate to “a man needing his partner to have pain with penile penetration to get off who is oblivious to her pain and the risks” 3.

If you need a dry, painful vagina to achieve penile insertion there is something wrong with you. I’ve heard from some women that lube can cause some men with ED to have more erectile dysfunction. So whether this is a “treatment” for ED or needing cruelty to get off, IDK. 4

But stop blaming the vagina for the failings of the penis 5

And to all the men who think sex “stretches” a vagina, if we apply that same logic to the penis after all those erections in your teen years by your twenties your penis is just a flabby balloon. 6

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.