Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (U.C. Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio here: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded Oct. 14, 2019 1 min read

The Constitution allows each House of Congress to devise its own rules.

The Constitution states that the Senate has the "sole power to try" impeachments.

Q? Why would the Fox-Trump-GOP forego the opportunity to have a trial and declare the president "completely exonerated?"

"sole power to try all impeachments"

I left out "all"

See what happens when I quote the Constitution from memory?

(Not that I have it memorized; just key phrases)

It's not clear that they have the option of foregoing a trial anyway, but I don't see why they'd want to.

I don't think Trump is worried right now about the Senate removing him.

If something changed and Trump was in danger of being removed, I don't think Pence would step down and give up the chance to be president. Trump can't force him. Pence was elected VP.

No need to put Trump under oath. He doesn't have to appear at all.

P.S. Don't take Lindsey Graham literally on anything.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.