Sloth Mom @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Profile pic by @Skutchdraws and banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion Oct. 15, 2019 1 min read

It's odd. While I keep talking about the sheer overwhelming wealth of amazing videosgame that's been coming out, I'm not seeing that reflected in a lot of the YouTubers I watch. I was looking forward to hearing what a number of them thought about certain games, but...

It just hasn't been happening. And I know folks aren't gonna be playing everything I'm playing, but I was at least expecting to see some reviews/impressions of bigger titles. And it just hasn't materialised. So I'm wondering, just how much of that is being driven by algorithms?

For example, Jim Sterling lamented quite regularly that positive videos just don't do as well, so I have to wonder is this the case across the board? Are people being algorithmed out of doing positive content?

Honestly, yeah...

Follow my curator page for good recommendations tho!  https://store.steampowered.com/curator/28340174-Casey-Explosion/ 

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.