Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (U.C. Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio here: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded Oct. 17, 2019 1 min read

Quid pro quo?

"We do that all the time with foreign policy," said Mulvaney👇

Another example of the You're the Puppet fascist propaganda technique.

See:

We will be seeing a lot more of this, as it appears to be one of Trump's primary "defenses."

Remember: exchange of value, quid pro quo, is only illegal if there is corrupt intent. See ⤵️

Warning: Don't get pulled into the "where is the crime?" discussion.

This is about corruption, not whether there was quid pro quo.

Link in next tweet . . .

Impeachment is about abuse of power and corruptly using the office of the presidency for personal gain.

See this thread on Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors.

It's about the corruption.

Exactly. Trading American foreign policy for something that benefits Trump or Giuliani personally is corrupt.
Trading something that benefits Ukraine for something that benefits the U.S. is not corrupt.

Why did Mulvaney come right out and admit this?

Perhaps because they think anything they do is OK because they did it.

Something about entitlement and white male rule.

What does MAGA means other than take America back to the good old days when white men could do as they pleased . . .

Before modern rape & sexual harassment laws, they could grab women;
On the frontier they could grab land;
Before regulatory agencies they could manipulate markets, fix prices, launder money, and pollute rivers

🎶Those were the days🎶

This isn't our first slide toward oligarchy

We've had 2 eras of oligarchy. Slavery (slave owners had disproportionate power, controlling all 3 branches of government for decades) and the age of robber barrons.

Today's income inequality is approaching the 1920s.

I think GOP law breakers are modern-day robber barons.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.