Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (UC Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded #TwitterMom Oct. 24, 2019 1 min read

I'm not used to the way this guy writes— but he seems to be reporting that some GOP members of Congress wanted to be arrested to "help with the narrative of Democratic process abuse."

"Narrative" in this context means "the story they're trying to create."

They want escalation.

Zimaras gets it.
Run for office, Zimaras.

Escalation, by the way, is how democracies die. Quoting Harvard prof. Steven Levitsky, co-author of this book⤵️

I have a thread somewhere on the dangers of escalation.

It may be time to update the thread. A new, excellent law review article on the topic was recently published.

See if this thread helps:

On my to-do list is to update the thread with the awesome new article I just read on the topic by Georgetown Law professor David Pozen.

If anyone wants to start reading, here it is:  https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3470457 

This article will help you prepare for the policy section of the Twitter Bar exam.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.