Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (UC Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded #TwitterMom Oct. 25, 2019 1 min read

(Short thread)

Dear Democrats,

I know you're not used to it—and it's hard to see—but you’re winning this.

This NR article reaches the conclusion I reached yesterday 👇
The GOP knows that voting to acquit Trump (despite the damning evidence) is their best chance in 2020 . . .

1/ At the same time, defending Trump isn’t working either.

From the Hill 👇

By “messaging” Graham means “spin” or “propaganda” or “build a false narrative that confuses everyone.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467388-gop-worries-its-losing-impeachment-fight#.XbL2VFN7Wg8.twitter 

2/ Now, we have an interesting plot twist.

Bolton rides to the rescue.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/politics/john-bolton-lawyers-impeachment-inquiry/index.html 

The House Democrats seem to have this under control, don’t ya think?

end/ (I may add comments / questions)

Yes, exactly. They're boxed in a corner.

Yes, it's nerve-wracking.
No, there are no quick easy solutions.

We've learned that the work of saving and maintaining democracy never ends.

My thread from yesterday, if you missed it.

Some people say that a few of the Tweets aren't showing up (😠😠😠) but I have it all on my blog:

Spoiler: The GOP is desperate.
I checked my reasoning with math 🧮 😉

Regarding Bolton:

Chile got out from under an actual dictator when people who were long-time political opponents joined together to defeat Pinochet.

Nice that the US is doing it now.

(My husband is Chilean. He experienced the Pinochet dictatorship)

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.