Sloth Mom @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Profile pic by @Skutchdraws and banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion Oct. 28, 2019 1 min read

Fallout 76 was 60 dollarydoos at launch.

I saw something about how Fallout 1st players are being ganged up on by "non paying" players, and I feel the need to reiterate that the game wasn't a free to play title; those players already paid for the game.

Sorry, that should read:

Fallout 76 was a 60 dollar game at launch, *AND* featured an ingame microtransaction store. So to paint players that don't take up Bethesda's new subscription service as "non paying" is deeply, deeply cynical in ways I find it hard to articulate.

This is taking off, so shameless plug time I guess? I have a Steam Curator page, and none of the games I recommend feature any sort of predatory monetization or lootboxes, just straight up games I think are good.

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/28340174-Casey-Explosion/ 

By the way, The Outer Worlds isn't the only game that shows other developers can make a better Fallout game than Bethesda. Like the original isometric CRPG Fallout games with the deep role playing mechanics?

Disco Elysium baby!

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.