Brian Armstrong @brian_armstrong Co-founder & CEO at @Coinbase Co-founder @GiveCrypto Building an open financial system for the world. Join us: coinbase.com/careers Oct. 31, 2019 1 min read

Back in 2010 I read the Bitcoin white paper for the first time - perusing Hacker News one day. It immediately captured my attention. I felt like it could be the most significant idea I'd encountered since the internet.

That inspired me to build Coinbase—I wanted to make it easy and trusted for anyone in the world to own Bitcoin, so we could see the potential of this new technology.

I new it would be a decade plus journey. I couldn't predict exactly how it would play out, but I new it would be a wild ride, filled with many opportunities to learn.

Here's a post from our team on how far Bitcoin has come. Still feels like just the beginning.  https://blog.coinbase.com/charting-the-course-of-bitcoin-11-years-and-counting-b4e17969d4e1 

You can follow @brian_armstrong.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.