Lessons from running my business:
1) Email marketing is like plumbing. It’s not sexy, but you need it to work.
2) You don’t always need to innovate. Learn from the best, and do what they do.
3) There’s a direct correlation between how hard you work and how successful you are.
4) Hard work is important, but not as important as working on the right things.
5) Build a business to serve yourself, your family, and your customers.
6) Everybody tells you to talk to customers. The best advice there is. If there’s one rule of business, that’s it.
7) The world sees your audience on Twitter, but email engagement is what really matters.
8) Get comfortable doing things you’re not trained to do. Action first. Education second.
9) Spreadsheets don’t have emotions, but you have to take them seriously.
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.