David Perell+ Your Authors @david_perell "The Writing Guy" | I tweet about business, online learning, and Internet writing | My Podcast: perell.com/podcast | My writing school: writeofpassage.school/ Oct. 31, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

Lessons from running my business:

1) Email marketing is like plumbing. It’s not sexy, but you need it to work.

2) You don’t always need to innovate. Learn from the best, and do what they do.

3) There’s a direct correlation between how hard you work and how successful you are.

4) Hard work is important, but not as important as working on the right things.

5) Build a business to serve yourself, your family, and your customers.

6) Everybody tells you to talk to customers. The best advice there is. If there’s one rule of business, that’s it.

7) The world sees your audience on Twitter, but email engagement is what really matters.

8) Get comfortable doing things you’re not trained to do. Action first. Education second.

9) Spreadsheets don’t have emotions, but you have to take them seriously.

You can follow @david_perell.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader