A.R. Moxon (Julius Ghost) @JuliusGoat Author of THE REVISIONARIES, coming 12/3/19 Pre-order: static.mhpbooks.com/the-revisionaries/ Newsletter: tinyletter.com/ARMoxon He/him Repped by @samroebuck Nov. 02, 2019 1 min read

Thank you, Freedom and Whiskey, for your take on what scares "people," by which I presume you don't mean all the people who are uninsured or underinsured or have preexisting conditions or children who fall under one of those categories, all of whom can be found on or off Twitter.

You know what really moves people? Smarm.

You know what actually scares people? The cost of insulin. The thought of having to choose between treating your cancer or leaving your family destitute. The cost of college and the specter of no-relief crippling student debt.

I love people who tell me I need to get off of Twitter to understand what's *really* going on, maaaan.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go canvass in my neighborhood.

Ah yes, remember 2016 when the Democrats ran on Medicare for All and student debt forgiveness, affordable college, remember that?

Let's not repeat the mistake of running on those things, which the Democrats definitely were, in 2016, as we all remember.

You can follow @JuliusGoat.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.