Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, lawyer (UC Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ NBC News Opinion contributor Bio: terikanefield.com/about-me Nov. 06, 2019 1 min read

Shhh.

This is only for my followers.

*Please Don't Retweet*

I am making this book free for people to read on my website for the next week. Then I'll take it down.

(I have the legal right to do this. Will explain . . .)

Why am I doing this?

Because . . .

1/

. . . it will help you all understand my squeamishness about punishment in general, particularly punishment inflicted by the government.

Also it will help you all study for the criminal law portion of the Twitter Bar Exam.

The link is here:  https://terikanefield-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/GUILTYApril27.pdf 

2/

This book was published in 2014 by Harcourt Houghton Mifflin.

It's basically a course in criminal law for middle and high school readers.

The rights reverted back to me, which means I can make it free if I want to.

Please don't copy it!!

It's only for you.

I was inspired to make the book available because of this discussion⤵️

Oh also:

The PDF version I uploaded might not be the final published version.

So it's possible you may find an error or two.

If so, don't worry about.

You see, I have an ulterior motive.
Now I'll have a bunch of you pushing back against calls for punishment-- or at least urging caution.

Punishment is the deliberate infliction of pain. It is always morally problematic and must never be done in anger.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.