1. Exclusive: I've obtained passages from the book by 'Anonymous', the author of the NYT Op-ed
In the book, Anonymous claims that senior officials had no doubt that Pence would support invoking the 25th amendment if the majority of the cabinet agreed.
2. Anonymous claims discussions about the 25th amendment came about when Bob Mueller was appointed by Rosenstein and Trump was behaving erratically. Anonymous claims that senior White House officials were certain Pence would support 25th amendment.
3. In the book, Anonymous places himself/herself in the room during these discussions.
But as I note in the story, I do not have reporting of my own on these claims. The book, given the sales and the coverage of it, and the NYT Op-Ed, is newsworthy.
4. My story gets the Drudge headline.
5. Today, Pence was asked about these allegations in Anonymous' book and he denied ever discussing the 25th Amendment.
But as @jaketapper points out, that's not what the book says and it's not what my story says
(Jake always has my gratitude for pronouncing my name correctly)
6. In addition to on-record denials from @VPPressSec and the VP himself, a source close to Vice-President Pence sent me this text-message about the 25th Amendment discussion
You can follow @yashar.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.