Sloth Mom @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Profile pic by @Skutchdraws and banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion Nov. 09, 2019 1 min read

John Wick 3, Us, Doctor Sleep, Ready Or Not, Midsommar, Joker, and quite a few more. I've probably seen more movies at the cinema this year than I have in recent memory, it's been a pretty damn great year. Yet people are still complaining about the abundance of superhero movies.

I've yet to see Knives Out and Parasite, but I'm seriously looking forward to both, and maybe it's just me? But I'm finding it real damn hard to be cynical, and kinda side eye just how much movie discourse is dominated by railing against Marvel, rather than praising *good movies.

*that's not to say Marvel aren't good, I really enjoy them superhero movies.

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.