A.R. Moxon @JuliusGoat Author of THE REVISIONARIES, coming 12/3/19 Pre-order: static.mhpbooks.com/the-revisionaries/ Newsletter: tinyletter.com/ARMoxon He/him Repped by @samroebuck Nov. 09, 2019 1 min read

I want to share a blog post I wrote in 2016—the 1st post on this blog. It's about how I was had written a book, and hoped maybe someday it would get published.

I'm sharing it because I think today I might just be getting the finished hardcover.  http://www.armoxon.com/2016/09/enough.html 

The part that really struck me today:
"One thing that can't be said anymore is that the book will be something I always talked about but never got around to writing. It is written. It happened. It's done. It's what I wanted it to be, and I had a hell of a lot of fun writing it."

"I didn't start writing by convincing myself it would be successful. I did it by changing the measure of success.

So what is success?"

"Here's what success looks like for me:

I go to bed around 10:00 pm. I wake up around 4:00 am and make coffee. I go down to my computer and I write until 6:00. Then it's time to get the day started. Breakfast. Kids to school. Me to work."

"It's enough."

"No—that doesn't get at it. It's more than enough. It's wonderful.

I don't have to do this. I *get* to do this."

__

Still true.

You can follow @JuliusGoat.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.