A.R. Moxon+ Your Authors @JuliusGoat Long past the age of maturity Author of THE REVISIONARIES Order: tinyurl.com/vdeohor Newsletter: tinyletter.com/ARMoxon He/him. Repped by @samroebuck Nov. 09, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

I want to share a blog post I wrote in 2016—the 1st post on this blog. It's about how I was had written a book, and hoped maybe someday it would get published.

I'm sharing it because I think today I might just be getting the finished hardcover.  http://www.armoxon.com/2016/09/enough.html 

The part that really struck me today:
"One thing that can't be said anymore is that the book will be something I always talked about but never got around to writing. It is written. It happened. It's done. It's what I wanted it to be, and I had a hell of a lot of fun writing it."

"I didn't start writing by convincing myself it would be successful. I did it by changing the measure of success.

So what is success?"

"Here's what success looks like for me:

I go to bed around 10:00 pm. I wake up around 4:00 am and make coffee. I go down to my computer and I write until 6:00. Then it's time to get the day started. Breakfast. Kids to school. Me to work."

"It's enough."

"No—that doesn't get at it. It's more than enough. It's wonderful.

I don't have to do this. I *get* to do this."

__

Still true.

You can follow @JuliusGoat.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.