As we shift from ad-supported media to direct monetization from users (a key business model shift that enables the Passion Economy & creators turning their passion into livelihoods), the KPIs that matter also shift:
In the ad-supported world, what mattered was:
- DAU/MAU (more frequency = coming back for ads)
- Session length (more time = more ads viewed)
- Logged in users (for better targeting of ads)
In the new world where creators are earning an income directly from their fans/supporters, new metrics matter:
- Conversion of free fans to supporters/subscribers
- # Creators earning revenue
- MRR and ARR
- Avg. price point (do you need 1000 True Fans or just 100?)
When the paradigm changes, what you measure changes too.
What else would you add?
You can follow @ljin18.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.