Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Nov. 10, 2019 1 min read

When faced with tough times for my mother's Parkinson's and a dear family pet going to sleep forever tomorrow (cancer), I'm making applesauce. No fresh berries for freezer jam so the next best thing is the last of my Fuji apples. When life gets tough, the tough cook comfort food.

Some people are thinking: "Can Tren deliver great applesauce despite the pain?"

Charlie Munger: "Assume life will be really tough, and then ask if you can handle it. If the answer is yes, you’ve won.”  https://25iq.com/2015/11/14/charlie-munger-ama-how-does-charlie-munger-recommend-dealing-with-adversity/ 

Tears add salt. Bonnie Raitt provides a soundtrack.

"Life will have terrible blows in it; horrible and unfair blows. Some people recover and others don’t. Your duty is not to be submerged in self-pity, but to utilize the terrible blow in constructive fashion." Charlie Munger

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.