Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (bestseller! OMG). Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Nov. 14, 2019 1 min read

Today I posted a thread about abortion. Not uncommon for me. I want to share the shit that happens after such a thread. 1/8

Besides the usually twitter trolls, it is now almost a given that The Daily Caller or some other right wing forced birth propaganda machine contacts my PR person giving me an hour or so to comment. Do I “stand by* my tweet or blah blah blah tweet? 2/8

A statement from me? Like I am sitting around and waiting for the Daily Caller to call? Sometimes I respond (see below), but mostly I ignore. 3/8

Do these reporters not understand when someone writes something and doesn’t delete or explain further that they *checks notes* meant it? 4/8

Usually I ignore these requests. But they write the article anyway. I didn’t bother to read it and please don’t look for it to read. I just want you to know the fallout. 5/8

Now that I get featured pretty regularly in the Fascism First publications I get waves of messages on Facebook, like this one from the kind of people who give Christians a bad name. 6/8

If you send me nasty private messages I will make them public. You don’t get to invade my privacy and expect that I will keep it quite.7/8

Anyway @MaryMargOlohan thanks for wondering if I meant what I tweeted. And i am looking forward to your series on neonatal deaths from prematurity. As you are such an advocate for life the #1 cause of neonatal death must weigh on you the same way it weighs on me. 8/8

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.