Popularity of 'The Simpsons' being a top title on Disney+ shouldn't surprise
• Longest running scripted show ever (people clearly love it)
• We know most streamed shows are huge libraries of 22 min eps (Simpsons has 670 eps!!!)
• Is why DIS didn't put it on Hulu (a better fit)
People love Avengers and SW, but the pure hours ceiling is much lower
• Full MCU is 48 hours. There are 250 hours of Simpsons.
• Simpsons fits more watching scenarios: both engaged on the couch and in the background doing launch. Black Panther not so much
If you put a Beyonce or Ronaldo special on Disney+, pretty sure it will trend to the top. They are literally some of the biggest stars on earth
Can debate brand fits obviously, but already popular thing on newly popular platform usually leads to predictable results
You can follow @ballmatthew.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.