Popularity of 'The Simpsons' being a top title on Disney+ shouldn't surprise
• Longest running scripted show ever (people clearly love it)
• We know most streamed shows are huge libraries of 22 min eps (Simpsons has 670 eps!!!)
• Is why DIS didn't put it on Hulu (a better fit)
People love Avengers and SW, but the pure hours ceiling is much lower
• Full MCU is 48 hours. There are 250 hours of Simpsons.
• Simpsons fits more watching scenarios: both engaged on the couch and in the background doing launch. Black Panther not so much
If you put a Beyonce or Ronaldo special on Disney+, pretty sure it will trend to the top. They are literally some of the biggest stars on earth
Can debate brand fits obviously, but already popular thing on newly popular platform usually leads to predictable results
You can follow @ballmatthew.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.