Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Attorney. @Newsweek columnist. NYT bestselling author of a book on Trump's Iran policy, Proof of Conspiracy (Macmillan, amzn.to/2sQBWYL). Professor. Nov. 14, 2019 1 min read

I've spent years saying I do NOT believe Sens. Graham and Paul are on the receiving end of foreign leverage. I've said that because there's no evidence of it. There's STILL no evidence of it. So all I'll say is that I have NO explanation for the bizarre behavior of these two men.

(2 of 2) And here's a link to Paul acting like a lunatic. Obviously I'm suspicious at the Russian cash flowing into Kentucky, and of course Paul and Graham have received suspicious donations, but that's not enough for me to see leverage rather than lunacy.

PS/ One of the countless articles on strange donations made to GOP senators and others. But I still can't believe it's enough to get these men to betray America. Either they're just lunatics who're actually unwell or some unknown other thing is happening.  https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/08/03/gop-campaigns-took-7-35-million-from-oligarch-linked-to-russia/ 

PS2/ A reader observes that Graham *may* consider himself a promising 2024 #MAGA candidate if he keeps exhibiting unwavering loyalty to Trump and none of Trump's kids run for office. It's possible, given that Graham has run for president before and clearly wants the Oval Office.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.