Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (bestseller! OMG). Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Nov. 17, 2019 1 min read

It’s not because you don’t have a vagina, it’s because you are an idiot. Sit down and take a seat in the back of class.

Alkaline diets are the biggest grift. You cannot alter your pH anywhere with diet. If you could you would die, because it would mean your kidneys and lungs are not working.

Vaginal pH is controlled by the healthy bacteria, mostly lactobacilli but there are others. Also not affected by *checks notes* GMOs or “acidic” food.

The “doctor” who popularized the alkaline diet was sentenced to 3 years in jail for that grift  https://www.health.com/celebrities/alkaline-diet-creator-jail-time 

As people are actually harmed by the alkaline diet grift I think it is important to speak out and show these charlatans for what they are.

Cancer patients in particular are targeted by the alkaline diet grift.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.