Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (bestseller! OMG). Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Nov. 17, 2019 1 min read

A friendly reminder that @goop and @GwynethPaltrow sell many untested and useless and even potentially harmful products to women. When you help promote her brand you are by extension endorsing those products.

Also @goop and @GwynethPaltrow help spread medical conspiracy theories, like fluoride scares, anti vaccine propaganda and AIDs denialism. When you promote their brand you are also promoting those harmful lies.

The classic @goop tactic is to mix ok content in with medical bullshit. The bullshit is likely for page clicks, but who knows. Maybe some higher ups at GOOP are deep into conspiracy theories and natural fallacies.

Those page clocks help sell @goop products. @GwynethPaltrow herself said “I can monetize those eyeballs.” That is capitalism, not health care. It’s even worse than Big Pharma as it is unregulated and untested.

But at the end of the day, never ever take health advice from someone selling you product. @goop is about their store. And selling untested products is profitable. When there are zero regulations you can literally sell anything.

.@goop is not feminism, it is faux feminism. It is lying to women about their bodies and health care to move product, be it $700 dresses or useless supplements or a water bottle with a rock to harness non existent energy forces or useless collagen powders.

I went to the @goop store so you didn’t have to.

They do have up to a size 14 online for several items I saw in the store, like the dress or pants.

Partnering with @goop should be viewed as partnering with Big Pharma’s lesser known and totally unregulated division of magical elixirs

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.