Daniel Sinclair @_DanielSinclair Building for young people. Not reading @danielsunread. Lurking behind likes and thinking about social media, communication, & China. Nov. 22, 2019 1 min read

You may not like it, but the Cybertruck just destroyed the G-Wagon’s business as the sustainable Hummer of our time, and it will be one of the most important cultural turning points for electrification. I’m a fan :)

The innovation is under the hood of that thing, and it’s pretty evident that this ‘Roadster’ of trucks will reach a mass market form factor in the mid 2020s. Until then, it will engulf Los Angeles, and bring-in the Blade Runner future we didn’t know we wanted.

One of the untold things about that Cybertruck is its competition with Rivian. The base model undercuts Rivian by nearly $30,000, but it's a really bold design that isn't for everyone — and that makes me believe that Tesla gave Rivian, and thus Bezos' electric skate vision, a win

Neither of those companies can scale this technology overnight to compete w/ traditional automakers. After the Cybertruck ships, and the manufacturing hurdles are worked out, they will follow w/ a mass-market, likely before Rivian moves from luxury. Tesla wins when Rivian wins.

$150,000 vs $39,000 + 29 years of 'giving a shit' becoming cool

Here's your reminder that the meme of an electric Mustang from Ford doesn't have door handles.

I actually think this is true. This entire polarizing spectacle cost $0 in marketing. A brilliant reveal, that people will actually buy.

Name a company (besides Facebook) that state-media will pump for free?

You can follow @_DanielSinclair.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.