Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is an incredible book.
Some beautiful quotes:
1) "To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain which sustain life, not the top."
2) "If you become restless, speed up. If you become winded, slow down."
3) "An experiment is never a failure solely because it fails to achieve predicted results. An experiment is a failure only when it also fails adequately to test the hypothesis in question, when the data it produces don't prove anything one way or another.”
4) "You want to know how to paint a perfect painting? It’s easy. Make yourself perfect and then just paint naturally. That’s the way all the experts do it."
5) “The past exists only in our memories, the future only in our plans. The present is our only reality."
6) “When analytic thought, the knife, is applied to experience, something is always killed in the process.”
7) “The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there."
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.