Stephen Wolf @PoliticsWolf @DKElections staff writer covering voting rights, gerrymandering, maps, & poli sci. Get the Voting Rights Roundup weekly newsletter dkel.ec/votingr Nov. 24, 2019 1 min read

Led Zeppelin is terrible & unoriginal even for their genres (but I listen to them infrequently for nostalgia only)

Rush actually has a handful of truly great songs (Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato) despite their Ayn Rand nonsense & Geddy Lee's bad vocals

By "a handful" I really mean just a few songs. Most of Rush's output was terrible, but a few were truly great songs like Xanadu, & I don't care how dorky that sounds

I guess my other "most controversial" music opinion is that classic punk rock is f*ing terrible, all of it. 1980-style heavy metal was also terrible, but I like more contemporary progressive metal (Opeth, Tool, etc.)

Some of my actual favorite music:
Avishai Cohen
Cake
Elliott Smith
Esbjorn Svensson
Herbie Hancock
Jeff Buckley
King Crimson
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Mars Volta
Miles Davis
My Bloody Valentine
Opeth
Pat Metheny
Porcupine Tree
Sonny Rollins
Smashing Pumpkins
Thrice
Tool
The Who
Yes

You can follow @PoliticsWolf.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.