Seth Abramson+ Your Authors @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor. NYT bestselling author. @Newsweek columnist with many appearances @CNN, @CBC, @BBC. My new book, Proof of Corruption, is at amzn.to/2TcvDsH. Nov. 24, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

In this CNN piece, Alexandra Chalupa confirms that events are just as I described them in my pinned thread. Anyone confused about what I did/didn't say in that thread should read the thread—my curatorial journalism is consistent with all public US reports.  https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/dnc-contractor-ukraine-alexandra-chalupa-trump/index.html 

1/ In my thread I underscored that Chalupa wasn't asked by the DNC to contact Ukraine's embassy; that much if not all the info she got at the Ukrainian embassy was *public* info; and that it was focused on Manafort—not Trump. I *agree* that the GOP has *lied* about these events.

2/ I also *itemized* the ways Trump's defense will *lie* or *mislead* about Chalupa's *self-admitted* activities—i.e. the ones that really happened. I *also* said that Trump will try to use *any* evidence of a Ukraine-Chalupa-DNC communication channel in his defense. And he will.

3/ There's a concerted effort to turn *any* public discourse about the defense Trump plans to run—even a thread that relies on confirmed nonpartisan major-media reporting, even a thread aimed at *debunking* Trump's defense—as a chance to accuse people of spreading disinformation.

4/ I'm confident folks can read/RT my pinned thread and see once they've read it how carefully it distinguishes between GOP/Kremlin propaganda and information that nonpartisan major-media reporting—and Chalupa herself!—confirm as accurate (even if, at times, unfavorable to them).

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader