Laura Gao ✌️ @heylauragao PM @Twitter by day, comic artist by night. she/her/hers 🏳️‍🌈 Nov. 26, 2019 1 min read

Flight attendant: Is there a doctor onboard?

Dad: *nudging me* that should've been you

Me: Not now Dad

Dad: Not asking for a Product Manager to help, are they?

Me: Dad, there's a medical emergency happening right now

Dad: Go and see if “let’s have a follow-up meeting" helps

*makes self-deprecating PM joke during Thanksgiving week thinking coworkers won't see it*

*Tweet goes viral*

Using this opportunity to plug some of my fav nonprofits:
@DonorsChoose - fund teachers who lack resources
@VolunteerMatch - make an impact in something greater than just work by volunteering locally or remotely
@tippingpoint - fight poverty in Bay Area

Lastly, I encourage ppl to reuse the meme for their own careers. I saw a few of these myself just browsing before deciding to make one that resonated with my job. No need for nasty messages to anyone repurposing the meme. That's the best part of Twitter. Let's keep it fun y'all

Update: Mom came across an article about this Tweet and asked me what a "mee-mee" is 😂

Alot of people weren't scared off by this Tweet haha and have been asking for advice to get into PM. Here’s a guide I wrote last year for a college student audience that can be applied to a lot of people and roles in tech:  https://www.lauragao.com/nontech-recruiting-guide 

Hope y’all make your dads proud

You can follow @heylauragao.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.