Mona Eltahawy+ Your Authors @monaeltahawy Feminist. She/Her. #MUFC. Tattoos. Books: 7 Necessary Sins for Women & Girls (2019)/Headscarves & Hymens (2015). Support: www.patreon.com/monaeltahawy Nov. 28, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

I will keep asking this: how many rapists must we kill before men stop raping women?

DNA identified a serial predator. The law let him off the hook.  https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justice/2019/11/sexual-assault-rape-investigation-justice/ 

From the chapter Violence in my book The Seven Necessary Sins For Women and Girls:

I am talking about the end of rape because men are sufficiently scared of women that they would never dare to rape or try to rape them.
#7necessarysins

I insist we push the conversation until we get to the part where men fear women enough that rape becomes an anomaly. So how many rapists must we kill? And I don’t want the state to protect me because “protection” is conditional. I want to be free of patriarchy, not at its mercy.

I want patriarchy to fear us. #7necessarysins

“Nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them,” Assata Shakur.
#7necessarysins

You can follow @monaeltahawy.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader