Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports Reporter, @CourthouseNews: NYC+Int’l. RTs=What's it to ya? adam[at]adamklasfeld[dot]com PGP Fingerprint: F427 EE3B 6F05 E5D5 785B 775B 2C74 683C 219D 91DC Dec. 04, 2019 1 min read

Rep. Collins says that the first 45 minutes of the hearing have "painted an interesting picture," in a Georgia drawl that suggests that his use of "interesting" here is not altogether favorable.

The subtext is clear: It's the Judiciary's minority time now.

Collins pivots to Professor Turley, who expresses camaraderie with the other scholar witnesses with whom he strongly disagrees.

Turley then critiques Professor Karlan's view of bribery.

Turley: "It gives me no joy to disagree with my colleagues here, and I don't have a dog in this fight."

But Turley says that SCOTUS has rejected a "boundless" interpretation that he accuses Dems of having.

"This is not improvisational jazz. Close enough is not good enough."

Republicans like what they're hearing.

When Collins started to ask a question, Turley apologized before the congressman told him to proceed.

"You're doing a good job," he said.

You can follow @KlasfeldReports.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.