Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Attorney. @Newsweek columnist. NYT bestselling author of a book on Trump's Iran policy, Proof of Conspiracy (Macmillan, amzn.to/2sQBWYL). Professor. Dec. 05, 2019 1 min read

I oppose mentioning politicians' apolitical children in political rhetoric. I'm glad Karlan apologized for her unwise (if non-malicious) quip. That said, it's been *wild* watching some folks be 1000% more offended by this comment than by anything this POTUS has ever said or done.

1/ I mean literally people who didn't and don't care that children were being separated from their mothers and kept in cages at the border are beside themselves that a professor pointed out that neither Trump nor his progeny could ever be, under our system of government, royalty.

2/ If you have honor/intelligence and your favored politician is facing serious accusations of criminal and impeachable conduct, you don't resort to the misdirection of trying to focus people on an irrelevant side-issue, rather than the historically dire facts before the country.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.