Seth Abramson+ Your Authors @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor. NYT bestselling author. @Newsweek columnist with many appearances @CNN, @CBC, @BBC. My new book, Proof of Corruption, is at amzn.to/2TcvDsH. Dec. 05, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

I oppose mentioning politicians' apolitical children in political rhetoric. I'm glad Karlan apologized for her unwise (if non-malicious) quip. That said, it's been *wild* watching some folks be 1000% more offended by this comment than by anything this POTUS has ever said or done.

1/ I mean literally people who didn't and don't care that children were being separated from their mothers and kept in cages at the border are beside themselves that a professor pointed out that neither Trump nor his progeny could ever be, under our system of government, royalty.

2/ If you have honor/intelligence and your favored politician is facing serious accusations of criminal and impeachable conduct, you don't resort to the misdirection of trying to focus people on an irrelevant side-issue, rather than the historically dire facts before the country.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader