Love these writing quotes:
1) "Your biggest enemy is a day spent not writing, not a day spent writing too little.” — @tylercowen
2) “The coolest people I meet are the ones who find me through something I’ve written.” — @sivers
3) "The very reason I write is so that I might not sleepwalk through my entire life." — Zadie Smith
4) “To become a better writer, I first had to become a better person.” — John Kaag
5) "If you wish you would take something more seriously, do it publicly." — @JamesClear
6) “Writing is nature's way of telling us how lousy our thinking is.” ― Leslie Lamport
7) "If you can't communicate your ideas, it doesn't matter how great they are, thus the huge importance of getting better at crafts like writing and public speaking. — @jposhaughnessy
8) “If people cannot write well, they cannot think well, and if they cannot think well, others will do their thinking for them.”
― George Orwell
9) "Keep in mind that you want to write in the same voice you'd use if you and I were in a bar having a chat." ― @morganhousel
10) "Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." — Bertrand Russell
11) "Good writing is full of wonder; it marvels at the glory and stupidity and frustration and pain and beauty of being alive." — @jasonzweigwsj
12) "Writing is the most scalable professional networking activity - stay home, don't go to events/conferences, and just put ideas down." — @andrewchen
13) "Good communication is the ability to say the most stuff in the fewest words." — @morganhousel
14) "Almost all successful rewriting involves moving closer to just calling a spade a spade." — Alain de Botton
15) The cheapest leverage most people have access to is their ability to write. — @nic__carter
16) Conflict is to storytelling what sound is to music. — Robert McKee
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.