Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Attorney. @Newsweek columnist. NYT bestselling author of a book on Trump's Iran policy, Proof of Conspiracy (Macmillan, amzn.to/2sQBWYL). Professor. Dec. 11, 2019 1 min read

Some folks have asked, so I want to say that I think Nancy Pelosi is doing the very best job that can be done under the circumstances. And it is—sadly—a triumph that she got two articles through. My ire was for the party as a whole not rising to the moment even more than it did.

As for USMCA, I suspect Pelosi believed that if it went through the House now, McConnell would handle it before impeachment, detaching the one from the other—which is helpful to the Democrats. But McConnell is what he is, so he's artificially pushed off USMCA to post-impeachment.

With that in mind I'll say this: at every turn, the present generation of D.C. Republicans will betray their oaths, their principles, their constituents. They stand for nothing. With such faithless people you make *no* decision that's dependent on them doing *anything* honorable.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.