My annual tradition 🎊

Here’s a list of all the coolest things I learned this year.

WARNING: I didn’t hold back. There’s so much stuff in here.

Enjoy!

https://www.perell.com/blog/2019/12/11/coolest-things-i-learned-in-2019 

Here’s my favorite quote from the 2018 edition.

“If you want to know what a given society believes in, look at what its largest buildings are devoted to.”

— Joseph Campbell

https://www.perell.com/blog/coolest-things-2018 

My favorite learnings from 2019.

1) Cars and top-hats

2) You can raise somebody’s ambitions.

From @tylercowen

3) Most of America is very sparse.

4) Find your tribe

From @johnolilly

5) Japanese artist Kumi Yamashita winds a single black thread around a grid of nails on a wooden board to create intricate portraits.

6) The video game industry is exploding.

It's already much bigger than music or movies.

7) Pokémon and Hello Kitty are surprisingly popular.

8) Here's how the sun moves

9) Here’s how far away you are from famous people in history.

1 generation = 25 years

(Source: Draw to Win)

10) Growth in American highways

∙ The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1944 established the initial 40,000-mile U.S. highway system.

∙ Though Interstate construction lasted for over 40 years, most miles were built in the 1960s and 1970s — 54 and 31 percent respectively.

You can follow @david_perell.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader