François Chollet+ Your Authors @fchollet Deep learning @google. Creator of Keras, neural networks library. Author of 'Deep Learning with Python'. Opinions are my own. Dec. 14, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

In 9 years of using Python for science stuff, I don't think I've ever used Matplotlib once without cursing it

People really need to chill. It's a joke tweet. Tweeted without ill intent. It resonates with lots of people.

I read frustrated comments about TF pretty much every single day. It's ok, don't overreact. I don't hate mpl and I still use it.

Just chill. Not every tweet is a battle

My mentions have been feel of angry people lecturing me on open source. Everyone, just chill. Open source will be fine.

You make software, people use it. It's cool when that happens. But now that they use it, the software has an impact on these people. Your design decisions start creating little joys and frustrations. People will express these emotions, because it's what people do. It's ok

The cool part is creating something that has an impact on the world. That's important. And good API design is how you can make this impact a source of delight rather than a source of frustration. So good API design, in aggregate, is serious. But jokes on Twitter aren't. So, chill

You can follow @fchollet.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.