Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Sarah Mei
+ Your AuthorsArchive @sarahmei Software engineer & founder of @RailsBridge and @LivableCode. Currently stirring the pot at @SalesforceUX. She/her. ✨Twitter at the speed of parenting✨ Dec. 15, 2019 1 min read

A new scam to watch out for from @lyft: (thread)

It was raining last night. I was coming home from my son’s dance performance, & when I got into the back seat of a lyft, some water got on the seat. You know, because it was falling. From the sky.

Didn’t seem like much. I sat on the seat & didn’t get my pants wet afaict.

About 20 minutes after I got home, @lyft sent me an email notifying me that they were charging me $25 for “damages” to the car. They attached photos of what the driver said were “dirt stains” I had left on the seat.

I explained about the rain and requested proof it was me that put the dirt (which wasn’t visible in the photos) on the seats, but they refused. They also won’t reverse the $25 charge.

It was a surge price lyft, as well - about double the normal price - but I was desperate.

So anyway - might be worth taking a photo of the seat as you get out of a @lyft from now on, so you don’t get hit with these bogus charges.

In the grand scheme of things, I’m glad they believe their drivers.

I’m sure there’s plenty of entitled asshole passengers who vomit onto the floor and put their muddy boots on the seats & stuff, and then say it wasn’t them.

Just wish I’d taken a photo this time 😒

You can follow @sarahmei.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader