I’ve been in Mexico City for the past week.
Here’s what I’ve learned:
1) Mexicans have a unique talent for creating experiences like parties and festivals.
2) Mexico City has special lanes for public buses. Dollar for dollar, it’s the most efficient form of public transport.
3) Most of the Mexican food you’ll find in America is actually from Northern Mexico, so you won’t find many burritos in Mexico City.
4) But you will find tacos everywhere! Street food is the best way to experience Mexico City cuisine.
6) The metro system is the largest in Latin America, and the 8th busiest metro system in the world. 12 lines. 195 stations.
7) Mexico City has more police on the streets than any city I’ve visited, except for Jerusalem.
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.