Asha Rangappa @AshaRangappa_ Fmr FBI Special Agent, lawyer, faculty @JacksonYale. Tiger(ish) mom. @CNN analyst. Editor @just_security. Karaoke, golf, and Shakespeare aficionado. Views mine. Dec. 24, 2019 1 min read

Hey guys! It's the season for giving, and I want to know what your favorite charities and nonprofits are which you support. Here are some of mine:

You know I love animals, so I give each year to the @ASPCA (where I found my grumpy but lovable kitty), and also to the @WWF which helps protect so many endangered species, including my favorite animal, the tiger (only 3890 left in the world😓)

This year I am also giving to @CCharitiesUSA, after listening to a podcast with a lawyer from their NY chapter who discussed the important work they are doing to help families separated at the border

Another charity which does very important work is the Children's Burn Foundation (can't find a Twitter handle) -- I learned about them years ago when the media covered a child who had been severely injured in Iraq, whom they were helping. They transform kids' lives

I'm also supporting @boyscouts and @girlscouts -- both of my kids belong and I love that they teach them sorely needed values for today, like honor, courage, independence, integrity, and service to others

I love the arts -- and particularly theaters that bring stories that help expand our worldview and help connect us with different experiences. Two that are dear to me are @Long_Wharf in New haven and @ProspectTheater in New York

Finally, for my CT peeps, two local orgs which I love are @irisCT, which helps settle refugees in CT, and @AllOurKin, started by Yale students, which helps train women in underserved areas to become qualified caregivers. Excited to see yours!

You can follow @AshaRangappa_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.