Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (bestseller! OMG). Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Dec. 25, 2019 1 min read

I get some pretty hateful DMs on twitter, Facebook and Instagram. However, I get some really amazing ones and they more than makes up for it. This one gave me all the feels.

There is the standard forced birth hate message. They are usually don't use anonymous accounts on FB or Instagram.

Sometimes I get accused of not being spiritual enough...

Sometimes people write whole opinion pieces on why they hate me and, in this age of the death of expertise (thank u @RadioFreeTom for the phrase the sums it up), why it's terrible for an OB/GYN to tweet that she is an OB/GYN when it is relevant or needed for emphasis. Or both.

This year I found I out I was challenged to a "Vagina-off" by a jade eggthusiast. (Also, a penis isn't the same thing as a jade egg. But I digress). You can read a funny take down of the show down that wasn't here  https://jezebel.com/unwrapping-the-beef-kim-anamis-kung-fu-vagina-vs-dr-1836697878 

All in all this was an awesome year.
So many people told me how my work helped them.
Many women told me they read my twitter feed to get pumped up for the day (fuck yeah!).
The Vagina Bible was a best seller.
Jensplaining broke download records in Canada.
I fell in love.

Also, I have some pretty cool irons in the fire for 2020. So watch this space!

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.