Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Dec. 25, 2019 1 min read

Santa has interesting unit economics. Gross margins are very high since nearly all fulfillment is done by partners. Marketing is word of mouth, so customer acquisition is organic (no CAC). Churn is a factor since all people die (except Santa). ARPU is an issue since it's cookies.

Santa is a master of content marketing. He always delivers a relatively small number of packages on a first party basis. Cheap brand impressions in the media result from the deliveries Santa does himself. In addition to the cookies, Santa receives affiliate fees from retailers.

GDPR rules about cookies don't apply to Santa since he only receives them.

As you know, the elves track "naughty and nice" data by running workloads on a fully managed hyperscale cloud database service, with turnkey global distribution and transparent multi-master replication.

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.