Boots Riley+ Your Authors @BootsRiley If you didn't catch it in theaters- Sorry To Bother You is out now on Digital/Blu-Ray/DVD. Dec. 27, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

Love or hate "The Irishman", we all have to admit one thing:

With the radical direction that the working class in the US is taking right now-

Its curious timing to have a big budget "unions are corrupt" movie come out right now.

I mean- 3.5 hours and they dont show us ONE strike.

I don't know. Maybe I need to watch it again. I'm 80% sure that I'm 100% right though.

Like if you watch the movie, you'd think that the reason the teamsters were powerful was because of the mob. Every union rep was working for them or in it. Unions power come from strikes- their ability to withhold labor or threatento do so.

You could watch that movie for half of a workday and not know that.

And yadayada i love scorsese and blablabla montages with classic rock etc etc great director and all the stuff I'm supposed to say but ppl will still be mad anyway because artists shouldnt vocalize opinions on art.

Best Joe Pesci performance ever in The Irishman. That's props due to both Pesci and Scorsese.

You can follow @BootsRiley.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.