Karla Monterroso #CloseTheCamps+ Your Authors @karlitaliliana CEO @CODE2040, Board Chair for @1Deg, @USC alum - Connected, passionate, heart-driven, wanderlust, change maker. #WiseLatina 🇬🇹🇲🇽 PN: she/her/ella Dec. 31, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

My whole life I thought I was a very good #2 and really aspired to be the best wingwoman to every great leader I met. This year however I was out front in a new way and it was the most daunting transition. I realized that it wasn’t just a skill I had developed but an identity.

Not a bad identity just one that didn’t always serve me. So this year I learned that you could lead and still be in community. In a big way. And truly I wanna thank the women that got me there before the decade runs out.

thank you for helping me see myself in a WHOLE different way. For pushing me and being unsatisfied with my willingness to play small.

The women on my team, not all on the tweet box but @PerspectivePlus @Jocelyn_Garibay @Dbestofluck Mimi and everyone else - you continuously re-centered me on building from a place of health and possibility. You make me a better leader and sister everyday.

To @operaqueenie, @6Gems, @ekp - being in coalition with you is a constant reminder that we aren’t alone and that the fight is big, broad, and done with hands firmly held. It is such a privilege to try and get the boats to all point in the same direction with you.

To @hutchamachutch I was in such despair after the El Paso shooting this year and you messaged me that it was time and springing to action with you made me a better person.

the ability to be my full-throated self and know you have my back made me more brave.

To the women of @buildtechtrust I’m so grateful to say enough is enough with you.

And really to each and every person who reached out, checked in, and loved on me in a wild year. I feel the gratitude in every ounce of my body. I know what next year will be and I’m ready to take it on with you.

You can follow @karlitaliliana.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.