1) Happy New Year!
I feel quite grateful for Fintwit. Anything I tweet is quickly sharpened, criticized and thereby improved upon.
FinTwit all star team might be the best research team on the planet. Thank you to everyone who contributes.
2) Has been fun to meet many of you in person and I am going to host drinks for Fintwit at several tech conferences this year. Thinking GS, MS and JPM.
3) Also quite impressed by the 2019 numbers that many are posting and hope the *very* real market gods don’t look askance. “I’m not superstitious but I am a little stitious” to quote Michael Scott.
This is a hard, humbling business.
4) Funny to think that in December 2018 I was rereading a few chapters of Martin Fridson’s “It Was a Very Good Year,” which I generally do when the market goes through a particularly rough stretch. Feels like a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
5) For no reason other than I just thought of it, I also tend to reread “A Wizard of Earthsea” whenever I go through a tough stretch personally or professionally.
The book reminds me that so many problems come from ego and that it is possible to recover from most mistakes.
6) Anyways, Happy Happy New Year. Feeling super lucky and grateful in general. Best of luck to everyone in 2020!
7) Wanted to end on a lucky number. 😃
You can follow @GavinSBaker.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.