Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (bestseller! OMG). Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Jan. 02, 2020 1 min read

I have no idea why this thread is making the rounds again, but it good advice for 2020 (and beyond) to not use garlic vaginally and to not get advice from any influencer or practitioner recommending it.

Maybe it is because there are Instagram influencers recommending garlic and other unproven and biologically unsound therapies to treat vaginal group B strep?

Suggesting women use unproven and biologically unsound therapies (as in medical care circa 1020) is not empowerment. Thank you for coming to my JenTalk™️

When I read posts about unproven alternatives for group B strep I get so angry. I want to take those “influencers” to visit an NICU and have a neonatologist explain to them the real harm of their actions.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.