The Internet transformed health & fitness.
1) Gyms: Clubs like @Equinox captured demand for high-end fitness.
2) Food: People want their food to be healthy AND look healthy.
3) Men's skin-care: Men want to look good for dating apps, so the market is growing by ~25% per year.
There are definitely more opportunities here.
1) A gym chain for airports and train stations.
2) Intense health-focused trips where people can train like an athlete for a week.
3) Fitness-focused hotel chains for people who want to work out while they travel.
4) A health plan for people who want to athlete-level data on their vital signs.
5) High-end, but non-intimidating gyms for people who are new to weightlifting.
6) Wearable clothing that syncs with wearable technology into a dashboard you share with a personal trainer.
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.