ᴅᴀᴠɪᴅ ᴘᴇʀᴇʟʟ ✌+ Your Authors @david_perell "The Writing Guy" | Host of the North Star Podcast: perell.com/podcast | Writing at perell.com/ | Teaching at writeofpassage.school/ Jan. 05, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

If you don’t think you’re a good writer, I have three recommendations for you:

1) Write for clarity, not to impress people.

2) Start taking notes: Writing is easier when you save your ideas.

3) Nail the basics: Shorten your sentences and write like you’re talking to a friend.

Here are all my top writing resources.

Read these articles and watch your writing improve.

https://www.perell.com/blog/my-writing-syllabus 

The first draft is the hardest part.

The rest of the writing process is just tweaks and refinements.

"You can always re-write it. You can change it. That's the great luxury of being a writer. We're not surgeons. The world does not hold us to our first pass."

@Gladwell

You can follow @david_perell.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader