Coolest business I’ve found in a while: “You Need a Budget.”
I love @ynab’s marketing strategy.
1) Podcasts: Short 4-6 minute episodes on specific topics.
2) Book: The book doubles as on-boarding for their software.
3) Drawings: Keep the brand fun, playful, and memorable.
Formula for building a small bootstrapped software company.
1) Identify a specific painpoint.
2) Solve it with software.
3) Attract eyeballs — and eventually sales — with content marketing.
If you write well about a specific problem, Google will send you tons of free traffic.
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.