Coolest business I’ve found in a while: “You Need a Budget.”
Formula for building a small bootstrapped software company. You can follow @david_perell.
I love @ynab’s marketing strategy.
1) Podcasts: Short 4-6 minute episodes on specific topics.
2) Book: The book doubles as on-boarding for their software.
3) Drawings: Keep the brand fun, playful, and memorable.
1) Identify a specific painpoint.
2) Solve it with software.
3) Attract eyeballs — and eventually sales — with content marketing.
If you write well about a specific problem, Google will send you tons of free traffic.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.
Formula for building a small bootstrapped software company.
You can follow @david_perell.