Cradle of Sloth ūü¶• @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Avatar by @skutchdraws banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion Jan. 10, 2020 1 min read

Whether sloth or cow, I'm always chill.

A huge part of furry for me is how people use fursonas to communicate. What animal we choose to represent us can often say a lot about who we are and what we're trying to project. In both cases, it's extremely chilled out animals I have representing me.

I'd also add to this point how a lot of trans folks who are into the transformation side of furry can find it validating, how there's an element of wish fulfilment, and can even be a relief from dysphoria. There's something really positive about it.

The way the whole furry thing interplays with identity and communication is absolutely fascinating, and extremely wholesome. It's this wonderful space of self-expression and playfulness with identity, and I love it so much.

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword ‚Äúcompile‚ÄĚ to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.