Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Jan. 12, 2020 1 min read

1/ When I try to explain "wholesale transfer pricing" and "barriers to entry" I often use restaurants as an example. But these ideas are applicable to every business.  https://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/seattles-booming-restaurant-scene-shows-signs-of-slowing/  Restaurants that remain often own the building. "The 'lost lease' is a common refrain..."

2/ "Over the course of last year, more than one new restaurant debuted per day in the Seattle area. The change in average annual sales per restaurant (or truck, or caterer) spiked to a high of 7.73% at the beginning of 2015. By 2019, that figure had become a decrease of -0.2%. "

3/ When I see an entrepreneur trying to make a living with a food truck it sometimes makes me sad. It happened this week. If I could teach anything about how to run a successful business to anyone with 25iQ and Twitter it might be that person. Many of the key ideas are universal.

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.